By Steve Hoffman
About This Book
- Construct a chain of Flume brokers utilizing the Apache Flume provider to successfully gather, mixture, and flow quite a lot of occasion data
- Configure failover paths and cargo balancing to take away unmarried issues of failure
- Use this step by step consultant to flow logs from program servers to Hadoop's HDFS
Who This e-book Is For
If you're a Hadoop programmer who desires to find out about Flume on the way to flow datasets into Hadoop in a well timed and replicable demeanour, then this e-book is perfect for you. No earlier wisdom approximately Apache Flume is important, yet a easy wisdom of Hadoop and the Hadoop dossier process (HDFS) is assumed.
What you'll Learn
- Understand the Flume structure, and likewise how one can obtain and set up open resource Flume from Apache
- Follow alongside an in depth instance of transporting weblogs in close to actual Time (NRT) to Kibana/Elasticsearch and archival in HDFS
- Learn advice and methods for transporting logs and information on your construction environment
- Understand and configure the Hadoop dossier process (HDFS) Sink
- Use a morphline-backed Sink to feed information into Solr
- Create redundant info flows utilizing sink groups
- Configure and use a number of resources to ingest data
- Inspect facts documents and movement them among a number of locations in accordance with payload content
- Transform information en-route to Hadoop and computer screen your info flows
Apache Flume is a allotted, trustworthy, and to be had carrier used to successfully gather, combination, and flow quite a lot of log information. it really is used to circulation logs from software servers to HDFS for advert hoc analysis.
This ebook starts off with an architectural evaluate of Flume and its logical elements. It explores channels, sinks, and sink processors, via resources and channels. through the top of this e-book, you'll be absolutely built to build a chain of Flume brokers to dynamically shipping your circulation info and logs out of your structures into Hadoop.
A step by step ebook that courses you thru the structure and elements of Flume protecting assorted ways, that are then pulled jointly as a real-world, end-to-end use case, progressively going from the easiest to the main complicated features.
Read or Download Apache Flume: Distributed Log Collection for Hadoop - Second Edition PDF
Similar open source programming books
Layout, create, and play all types of games in your Raspberry Pi computerAbout This BookProgram your personal game at the Raspberry Pi utilizing the Scratch programming languageInstall and deal with your Raspberry PiSet up your Raspberry Pi to play enormous quantities of unfashionable and vintage gamesWho This ebook Is ForIf you're anyone who likes to play video games and have an interest in studying extra in regards to the services of your Raspberry Pi, this e-book is for you.
Key FeaturesLearn to begin utilizing Python for a few uncomplicated programming initiatives equivalent to doing effortless mathematical calculations. Use good judgment and keep an eye on loops to construct a pleasant fascinating video game. familiarize yourself with operating with information and, as soon as you are happy with that, you will be brought to Pygame, in an effort to assist you wrap up the ebook with a funky online game.
Absolutely up to date assurance of PCB layout and building with EAGLE This completely revised, easy-to-follow advisor exhibits, step by step, how one can create your individual professional-quality PCBs utilizing the newest types of EAGLE. Make your personal PCBs with EAGLE: From Schematic Designs to accomplished forums, moment variation, courses you thru the method of constructing a schematic, reworking it right into a PCB structure, and filing Gerber records to a producing carrier to manufacture your complete board.
Extra resources for Apache Flume: Distributed Log Collection for Hadoop - Second Edition
Apache Flume: Distributed Log Collection for Hadoop - Second Edition by Steve Hoffman